Sunday, December 27, 2009

Room 309




After Seattle, Jp and I took a sea plane and hopped over to Victoria, Vancouver Island. The pink and white 1990 condos that lined the Victoria bay started to instill a panic between Jp and I. We drove the next day for 5 hours to Tofino, on the West side of the island. We went through miles and miles of VI suburbia and let me tell you one thing, it ain't pretty. Dairy Freeze and A&W fast food joints are alive and well on Vancouver Island. I even spied a few Howard & Johnston hotel/restaurants! Once we arrived on the west side, we parked our car at the Wickaninnish Inn which is built directly above the pacific ocean, pounding waves and all. As we entered our room, Jp and I knew we would spend most of our two days in bed staring at the waves. Panoramic windows framed the room leaving very little to imagination. I woke up in the middle of the night and had vertigo. My stomach dropped for a split second...Where was I? I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. Later on that day I read the guest book. The couple who stayed in the room before us were so enthralled by the view that they decided to order two chocolate cheese cakes with strawberry ice cream and spent the evening eating their sugar ecstasy in bed while taking in the view...I hope they changed the sheets!

No comments:

Post a Comment