Thursday, January 14, 2010

A piece of heaven




Well, I am not one for sweets nor dessert after a meal...I would rather eat well and have a second glass of Cote du Rotie or for this occasion, a glass of Meursault 2002. That all changed last night at my dinner party when a friend brought a Pierre Herme creation called, Isphan, for dessert. For those of you who live outside of Paris, Pierre Herme gained his reputation while serving as pastry chef for LA DUREE. He finally opened up his own boutique in two locations in Paris. Walking into his closet size patisserie store is like standing in a Place Vendome jewelry store. Every creation is unique and desired. Once I put a fork full in my mouth, I was sent to an exotic land full of fairies and pure heaven for that spit second of sheer pleasure.

ISAPHAN
Rose macaroon with rose petal, raspberry, and lichee creme........

No comments:

Post a Comment