Monday, January 16, 2012

Monster Wife...

One hot day in early September, I was strolling down Rue Grenelle, on my way to buy my husband a birthday gift when I saw a coat in the Prada boutique window. I had seen this coat a zillion times in the Fall preview fashion magazines for 2011. But here it was right in front of my nose. I went inside the boutique and normally, I have to admit, I am not a big Prada fan. I did not know the sales people and the clientele did not reflect my taste. Once I put the apricot faux fur jacket on..I was a bit perplexed....Did it look good on me or did I look like Big Foot, the monster that lives up in the Sierra Nevada? A folklore monster tale a bit like the Lochness monster for anyone that went camping as a kid in California.

The sales woman said that there were only two of these monster jackets in all of France...

I bought it right there. A very unusual piece that creates odd looks from the Parisian women.


Monster or not, I never bought my husband his birthday gift....Bad, bad monster wife....

No comments:

Post a Comment