Friday, November 6, 2009

Dirty Socks and Art







After our share of drinking red Bordeaux wine, Jean Pierre and I took the Eurostar to London where Jp's film, MIC MACS was competing in the London International Film Festival.

I love the fact that London is only a hop, skip, and jump from Paris yet with its imposing architecture and natives that actually smile, it couldn't be more different from Paris.

We arrive a day early so that we could take advantage of checking out the Frieze Art Fair. I love roaming around the Frieze since it is like having a smorgasbord of the best art galleries worldwide all under the same roof. Every time I was attracted to an art piece, the gallery was based either in New York city or Los Angeles. Is that a coincidence or am I a byproduct of American culture that uses symbols and language that I am familiar with?
This time at Freize was different. I found the ambiance to be more pretentious and awkward. What do I know about art? Not much....at the end of our Frieze Art Fair tour, I looked on the floor in one of the galleries and saw a pair of dirty socks. I asked myself, "Is this an installation piece or did someone get rid of their smelly socks? Now, that's A-R-T

No comments:

Post a Comment